About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Warehousing & Logistics Manager (USA)
The Warehousing & Logistics Manager at Rocket Lab USA leads a team responsible for managing the daily activities of Planning, Receiving, Storage, Picking, Kitting, Packing, Shipping and Logistics movements. This leader will work directly with team members to maintain high transactional accuracy and on time delivery of goods to internal and external customers, order fulfillment, DIFOT, inventory accuracy and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
There are hundreds of serialized and lot-controlled components that are used to manufacture Electron’s Rutherford Engines that come from local suppliers and all over the world. This role leads a team that ensures that these components are received and stored correctly, inventory levels are accurate, cycle counting processes are implemented and adhered to and kits are delivered to production in a timely fashion. Additionally, this role is responsible for managing domestic and international logistics while maintaining adherence to ITAR and other applicable export regulations. The Warehousing & Logistics Manager is also responsible for ensuring financial data relating to warehouse transactions and inventory levels is maintained and presented when required while working closely the Finance and the ERP teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hands on engagement with the team to ensure daily, monthly and annual goals are achieved by continuously improving localized processes and procedures.
- Work with Rocket Lab leadership to establish and maintain effective reports to track progress against agreed KPIs
- Ensure team members have balanced workloads and are cross trained to cover for leave or absences
- Create and execute career development plans for employees and elevate capabilities.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are documented, accessible and adhered to and all team members are trained on the use of the system and tools.
Reporting and Data Integrity
- Maintain all item master, warehousing & logistics transactional data in line with the Global Supply Chain team and Finance systems architecture or regulatory requirements.
- Ensure reporting requirements established within the business are set up and are made available as required.
- Review reports, analyze deviations to the agreed plans, identify root causes and take action accordingly.
- Review and maintain master data to ensure materials are received, stored and readily available to sustain production schedule
- Coordinate with New Zealand Operations to plan, schedule and release supply of items that are distributed between sites.
- Work with Engineering and Planning teams to manage R& D inventory, execute configuration changes
- Coordinate Distribution order plans with other sites.
- Report SLOB stock and manage an MRB process with engineering and finance representatives
- Maintain high level of inventory accuracy thru real time stock movements and by achieving the required cycle count intervals agreed with finance.
- Investigate and resolve the root cause of any inventory discrepancies identified
- Maintain inventory records and item data files.
- Perform Stock Takes as and when required.
Picking / Kitting
- Ensure all picks are completed and kits are made available to production by the required date.
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly workload scheduling of the team.
- Proactively Resolve Shortages and Provide reporting and visibility to production.
- Work with Engineering team to resolve any related BOM issues proactively.
Shipping / Freight Forwarding / Goods handling
- Ensure all shipments make it to their final location in a timely manner.
- Organize Rocket Lab USA shipments to ensure the best value option and routing is chosen
- Maintain and build relationships with carriers, freight forwarders, brokers and shipping companies.
- Maintain compliance to all ITAR, CBP and other regulations.
- Ensure high quality of packing and that any specific packing instruction are followed
- Champion Supply Chain DIFOT; ensure Planned and Adhoc shipments are dispatched on time and delays are communicated effectively
- Steer Material Planning team to set order policies that minimize financial risk
- Work with other members of the supply chain team and Finance to establish appropriate stock levels for all inventory parts.
- Possess understanding of financial impact of inventory transactions and decisions.
- Be a Point of Contact and trusted partner to the business by maintaining appropriate channels of communication with key stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Be a Point of Contact for production teams and other internal stakeholders
- Ensure department information is communicated in a timely manner
- Additional duties as reasonably required
Required Skills / Experience
- 5+ years previous relevant warehouse management experience in a manufacturing organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- In depth of ERP systems, processes, and transactional impacts of a global organization.
- Infor LN ERP experience strongly desired.
- Understanding of international shipping regulations.
- Strong IT knowledge, comfortable working with Windows and Microsoft applications (Office 365, Teams).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and able to build working relationships.
- Proven Team lead and development experience.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Infor LN ERP experience
- Prior exposure to ITAR
- Thorough understanding in the principles of Lean Manufacturing
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab