About The Role
You’ll be joining a dedicated, talented and rapidly expanding global team of people opening access to space for small satellites. In fact, we’re the only commercial smallsat launcher that has made it to orbit!
Our team designs, builds and launches the Electron rocket – the most advanced small launch vehicle, featuring carbon composite structures and 3D printed engines. With two orbital launches under our belt, and many more to come in 2019, we’re leading a global revolution in space launch.
Working with the Rocket Lab Communications Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and producing Rocket Lab’s live launch webcasts and creating industry-leading video content for web, news media and social channels.
- Lead the live stream operations team in the technical planning, development and execution of live launch webcast operations
- Work with the communications manager to storyboard and script live webcasts and recorded video content
- Operation of multi-camera broadcast studio, video switching, signal routing, character generation, digital effects equipment, cameras, hard disk video recorders, video distribution switchers and audio mixers, studio lighting equipment, set creation and design, microphones and other audio equipment
- Maintain and upgrade video and audio equipment, including cameras, lighting and audio equipment and video software solutions
- Coordinate and coach on-screen talent
- Shoot and edit a range of video products including engine tests, launches, media events and employee events and for use on social media, online and TV news, conferences, presentations and events
- Coordinate with suppliers and contractors for additional audio/visual support
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for video systems
- At least five years of studio and field video production experience
- Proven experience coordinating live video broadcasts
- Relevant tertiary qualification in video or film production
- Experience leading direct reports
- Experience running complex, broadcast level studio control room
- Experience with Blackmagic Design ATEM switcher software, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, rundown/script management tools, Teradek video distribution solutions, Blackmagic Design hardware.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Heavy emphasis on achievement and details – getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.