About The Role
Why Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Vice President, Global Supply Chain
The Vice President, Global Supply Chain will facilitate and drive results in a fast paced and evolving environment with minimal direction and oversight. The role is pivotal to Rocket Lab achieving its aggressive ramp plans, leveraging best practices to drive improved quality, regulatory compliance, delivery excellence, and continually reduce costs and improve the products and services. This leadership role will be hands-on, working with global teams to solve short-term tactical issues with a sense of urgency, as well as developing longer-term strategies that build to a high-performing and flexible best-in-class global supply chain function. This leader will manage, direct, support and provide leadership across all functions and locations of the global supply chain organization and ensure alignment with overall corporate strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure Supply Chain partners with Finance, Production, Operations, Enterprise Information Systems leadership and other cross functional counterparts to drive continued scalability of the business and the continued evolution of Supply Chain performance and functionality.
- Identify and drive supply chain improvements to maximize efficiency and effectiveness across the business and ensure achievement of KPI’s and compliance with financial controls.
- Drive initiatives to de-risk supply chain vulnerabilities and ensure execution on domestic sourcing requirements and export compliance regulations, including supporting certification efforts for supply chain such as AS9100.
- Expand relationships in the supplier marketplace to understand and stay abreast of industry changes which may impact various programs and pursuits; Negotiate issue resolution with suppliers relative to quality and delivery and drive cost reduction initiatives to assure ambitious and continuous quality improvements and cost reductions.
Required Education, Skills& Experience
- BA/BS Degree Business Management or other related fields required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in Supply Chain Management with a hyper growth stage manufacturing company with production quality intensity.
- Technical procurement, new product introduction, manufacturing, or design / development experience.
- Aerospace industry experience
- Track record of scaling production while simultaneously driving cost reduction and quality.
- Proven track record of managing inventory.
- Proven history of managing and leading a growing team with diverse skills and experience level across far-flung geographies and cultures.
- Strong communications written/oral communications skills and comfortable engaging across all levels of the company.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding and customs regulations including ITAR and Export Compliance Strong understanding of ERP systems and reporting.
- Policy and procedure development experience developing corporate and line specific functional policies and procedures.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.