About The Role
You will make a real difference. As a Test technician at Rocket lab, you are helping to create the world's first mass-produced orbital launch vehicle. Day to day, you will be expected to set up and run tests on the launch vehicle and the various sub systems with clear methodology and effective data acquisition for design improvement and verification.
We are thinkers and we are doers. You will be working in a very dynamic, fast pace environment of makers and problem-solvers. Using your creative and intuitive thinking to test the systems for performance and operation characteristics to capture and improve the design of the launch vehicle.
- Completed trade certificate in engineering related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in machining, welding, assembly and fitting
- Proven experience working to deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Understanding of common instrumentation and measurement techniques (strain gauges, pressure transducers, temperature sensors, etc) would be ideal.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- A methodical, careful and tidy work ethic
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.