About The Role
The Vehicle Design Team support the hardware design of Electron by developing the systems, structures, and documentation to support and improve the performance of Electron. From R&D to production improvements, every day will see new problems to solve and new opportunities to leave your mark on the vehicle.
As an Intermediate Design Engineer at Rocket Lab, you will be supporting the design of the world's first mass-produced orbital launch vehicle. Given the high launch cadence of Electron, you will have unparalleled opportunities for end-to-end hardware development and seeing your designs reach space.
- An Engineering degree or equivalent qualification together with 3+ years’ work experience
- Strong CAD Skills, experience with SolidWorks or NX preferred
- Experience in structuring and working with large assemblies in a multi-user environment
- Proven experience in seeing products through from concept to completion in a production environment
- The ability to work on your own initiative and to plan your own daily workflow
- Capability to manage smaller development projects autonomously
- Proven experience working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.