About The Role
This newly created position will join our existing Procurement team and will focus on our US Suppliers and operations. As Procurement Co-Ordinator at Rocket Lab you be responsible for ensuring that the Electron launch vehicle components are delivered to specification and on time. To succeed it is vital that you are capable of building excellent relationships with suppliers, negotiate competitive prices and ensuring that stock levels are maintained.
We are looking for thinkers and doers to work in a very dynamic, fast pace environment, you will be challenged on a daily basis and to succeed you will need to be able to learn quickly and utilize your own initiative whilst working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- 2+ years previous engineering or procurement experience is required
- A can do attitude with the ability to organize a challenging schedule, coupled with exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive, enthusiastic, self-motivated and open to learning
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- A strong understanding of MS Office software
- Confident working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Have a can do attitude with the ability to organize a challenging schedule
Rocket Lab is rapidly scaling in size to meet the high demand from customers. The company is expanding globally and is currently growing the team based at Rocket Lab’s Los Angeles Headquarters. Rocket Lab believes in giving highly-skilled engineers ownership of complex aerospace programs from start to finish, creating a workforce of empowered and motivated individuals utilizing cutting-edge technologies to redefining how the world accesses space.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.