About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
The Space Systems Thermal Intern will work within the spacecraft thermal group. They will be support the engineering team with analysis and testing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collecting and organizing material thermal property data across the company.
- Preparing a common thermal materials database.
- Establishing a library of thermal models of sub-components using Thermal Desktop.
- Assisting with research and development effort, including designing and operating experiments, processing data, and generating test reports.
The following is preferred:
- The candidate has completed at least 3 years of a bachelor program in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- The candidate can use Python or equivalent.
- The candidate has experience with Thermal Desktop or a different thermal CAE software.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab