About The Role
In addition to supporting testing you will also oversee the facility infrastructure providing continual engineering support. This includes immediate/preventative maintenance and facility upgrades to ensure that the facility remains capable of undertaken the volume of testing demanded of it without compromising the quality of the testing.
Key duties include cover four main areas test preparation, testing, facility maintenance and facility improvements.
Key tasks involved on a day to day basis will include
- Undertaking full preparation for testing, including the installation/configuration of facility hardware and functional and diagnostic tests on facility and test articles
- Supporting pre-test checks and engine and stage testing
- Removal, disassembling and cleaning test articles and preparation for transport
- Undertaking pre-test and post-test checks on the facility
- Identifying and undertaking immediate and preventative maintenance to the facility
- Assisting in the creation of facility improvement plans
- To be a qualified aircraft maintenance engineer, Fitter/Turner or an equivalent qualification
- Proven experience in the fabrication and machining of parts with excellent assembly skills
- 5+ years industry experience
- A high level of attention to detail together with a methodical and careful approach to work
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with manufacturing and engineering professionals
- Experience with creating assembly and maintenance procedures
- Proven experience working to deadlines
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.