About The Role
Small satellites play a crucial role in our day-to-day lives – they connect us, keep us safe, help us understand our planet and manage our impact on it, and they enable us to innovate and explore. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab.
Our relentlessly innovative team is behind Electron, the world’s only truly commercial small satellite launch vehicle in operation today. With multiple orbital launches under our belt and a record of 100% mission success, we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth. We’ve built a world class team with a reputation for doing the impossible. Every day we pursue ideas that challenge, excite and demand more of us, and we make them real. Be a part of it.
About the role
Test Facility General Hand will work within the Test Facilities Team to ensure that the facilities are operational, and testing of the propulsion systems is completed on time and to quality. The successful applicant will take a hands-on approach to supporting two of Rocket Lab’s propulsion test sites and working alongside the current test engineers and technicians. Daily tasks will include the transport of components and engineers between facilities, procurement and supply to support activities, maintenance, cleaning and general testing operations support.
You will need to have a proactive attitude towards your work and a willingness to take ownership of a facility and to excel in this role it is vital that you are a mechanically minded individual.
- Test Operations Support – Transferring flight components and people between test sites and Rocket Lab’s head quarters
- Test Facility Support – Assisting with test facility maintenance, cleaning, managing consumable stock levels and moving materials between sites
- 5+ years’ work experience, preferably gained within an engineering environment
- Excellent hands on skills coupled with basic power tool skills
- Proactive attitude towards improvements and an eye for detail
- Capable of working well with a team or individually
- Highly organised and able to problem solve
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computing skills and experience with Word excel and email
- The ability to work to deadlines.
- A current driver’s license
- Trade qualified preferred
Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference.
We get things done. Our team is nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it. This means projects get the green light faster and ideas are put into practice rapidly.
Everyone works on the big stuff. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.