About The Role
Rocket Lab’s Propulsion team continues to expand and is now seeking an experienced engineer to join the team in the position of Test Facilities Lead Engineer, in this role your time will be split between Rocket Lab’s Auckland region test facilities.
The Test Facilities Lead Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the engineering functions of the existing and new facilities are carried out in the best interest of the company. You will work closely with other teams specifically test and maintenance technicians, maintenance planning and test engineers to ensure all facility objectives and requirements are achieved to the required quality, delivered on time and within budget.
In this role you will also be the technical lead of a facility design engineer and facility process engineer for new developments and continuous improvement to the facility functions and processes.
These facilities include:
- The Auckland Test Cell for the Rutherford and Curie testing
- The Stack Test Site for the stage stack testing (1hr drive from Auckland)
What you will need to bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree in either mechanical or electrical engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in mechanical or electrical systems engineering
- 5+ years functional facility or plant experience
- Mechanical and electrical engineering design processes experience
- A strong understanding of lean manufacturing
- Knowledge in engineering change control
- Previous experience in leading small engineering teams
- Experienced in proactive and reactive analysis techniques
- Capable of working on successful high value systems
- Experience of implementing cutting edge technology to solve challenging problems
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate between all types of engineering groups effectively
- Previous exposure to key business processes and project management
- Experienced with systems engineering on aircraft (space launch vehicles is preferred)
- Experienced with FAA and other governing body regulatory requirements
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.