About The Role
Why Rocket Lab?
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) - we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest. To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team. Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
Test Automation Engineer
The Test Engineer at Rocket Lab in Huntington Beach, CA is an integral part of a cross disciplinary team of manufacturing engineers. As a test engineer you will develop specialized equipment for controlling, monitoring and testing rocket engine and avionics subsystems and assemblies. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, has excellent attention to detail, strong people skills, and enjoys a fast-paced / dynamic work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop LabVIEW applications for user interface displays and real-time systems.
- Develop and document test procedures for record keeping and user instructions.
- Develop software architectures and requirements for test procedures and data processing.
- Design graphic intuitive and easy to use user interfaces to be used on the production line.
- Develop hardware/software tests as required to test and verify product.
- Experience developing LabVIEW applications interfacing a variety of sensors and electronic inputs and outputs. Pressure, temperature, flow, force, voltage, current, position, magnetic fields, etc.
- Proficient in LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA, LabVIEW RT, and C/C++.
- Knowledge of process control and instrumentations, data acquisition systems, sensors, motors and actuators.
- Ability to create accurate schematics for manufacture, installation, testing and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with programming benchtop lab equipment such as DC power supplies, Source meters, oscilloscopes etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for testing analog and digital circuits.
- Detail oriented; willing to take on new challenges and able to work independently.
- Working knowledge of embedded protocols and PCB/Electronic assembly testing.
- Excellent verbal, written and graphical communications skills.
- Experience with NI data acquisition systems.
- Experience in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team
- B. S./M. S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in aerospace or technology company.
- 3+ years developing LabVIEW applications including user interfaces, automated testing, production line testing and real-time systems.
- Experience with embedded hardware debugging
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.