About The Role
- Create user manuals, administration guides, and reference content for a range of internal technology services
- Work with subject matter experts to create training material, hosted in Rocket Lab’s learning management system
- Adhere to existing company style guides and documentation standards
- Engage in peer review with other technical writers
- Assist with developing and testing new content creation and delivery methods
- Experience creating procedural and instructional content, with a high-technology focus
- Firm knowledge and practical use of markup languages (HTML at a minimum), and CSS
- Firm knowledge of image editing, diagramming, and video production apps
- Firm understanding and practical use of plain English concepts (and outstanding written English ability otherwise)
- Thorough understanding and practical use of a range of web content management systems.
- Excellent skills in structuring, writing, and maintaining technical documents such as compliance expositions, process manuals, and system descriptions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Expert ability to arrange content from multiple sources into a clear, logical, unified structure
- Excellent communication ability, and a strong support-focused mindset
- An interest in learning and communicating new technologies
- Proactive at finding out information, and enthusiasm for learning.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.