About The Role
This position will involve regular interfacing with the engineers and technicians in our Auckland facilities to document the processes performed. This documentation needs to be written clearly and in a manner that can easily be interpreted by current and future staff.
Technical Writer key duties:
- Shadow engineers and technicians performing the work/process and create process instructions/documentation from observations, notes and photographs
- Creating process instructions covering all areas including work, process, test, training and user manuals for production and testing
- Producing all documentation independently
- Holding discussions for drafts of documents effectively with relevant parties and determine the actions needed to release the documents for use
- 5+ years of experience in technical documentation with a successful proven track record• Document management system experience
- The ability to well with colleagues and stakeholders to obtain the information required to create technical documents
- Proactive approach to work and the ability to create documentation independently
- Strong hands on experience in production
- Mechanically minded
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.