About The Role
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth.
Rocket Lab is rapidly expanding to meet the global demand for our commercial launch service. The Wallops Island launch facility is seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish. We believe that an empowered and motivated workforce has been the cornerstone of our success and will be essential to our long term growth as we redefine how the world accesses space.
The Launch Operations team at Wallops Island, Virginia has an immediate opening available for a systems engineer who will assist the program manager in writing requirements, test procedures/operations and other responsibilities related to the development of a new launch site for Rocket Lab.
The ideal candidate will have experience with ground support systems / control systems on rockets such as Atlas V, Falcon 9, Delta IV or Antares.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of requirements around launch operations at Launch Complex-2 (LC-2).
- Develop, maintain and evolve requirements between launch service provider, range and customers.
- Conduct requirements management, traceability, verification planning, verification execution, test, and all aspects of the life cycle of the program and/or mission.
- Implement, and comply with regulatory, and company requirements; document results.
- Present requirements status to all management levels and customers.
- Design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment
- The ability to work with a wide range of engineering disciplines.
- Develop concepts from preliminary ideas through product lifecycle.
- Assist in the implementation of new systems and services where requested.
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of engineering and scientific methods and tools to define and characterize behaviour of products, services, and processes.
- Minimum of B.S. in Engineering Field
- 5+ years’ experience working in aerospace launch or flight test operations
- Experience with Requirements management tools such as (Doors, Cradle, Jama)
- Excellent communication skills, along with having direct experience coordinating with government and civilian agencies such as FAA, NASA, USAF, etc.
- Self-starter, enthusiastic, proactive, open to learning and values contributing to the wider team
- Methodical work ethic with an excellent eye for detail
- The ability to keep calm and perform under pressure
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Universal Documentation System (UDS) a plus but not required.
- Experience with Range Services for RF tracking and Telemetry.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.