About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Located at Rocket Lab HQ in Long Beach, California. As the system administrator you will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of Rocket Lab's computing platforms, networks, and applications. In addition to carrying out deployments, upgrades, patching, and ensuring systems are compliant in accordance with PSR and NIST 800-171.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage and collaborate with external IT suppliers.
- Assist in the design, implementation and documentation of IT systems and services.
- Lead operational aspects of Rocket Lab’s Vulnerability and Configuration Management functions.
- Develop and manage server and network hardware, switches, routers, wireless APs, virtual hosts, and related.
- Scope, schedule, communicate, and perform routine maintenance of infrastructure systems and minor IT projects.
- Support capacity planning and analysis.
- Assist, train, and guide new Rocket Lab employees.
- Log and escalate security incidents, vulnerabilities, risks, and other related issues.
- Support audits, investigations, data gathering, and reporting as needed.
- Identifies gaps in documentation and rewrite in easy-to-understand language.
- Assist in planning and implementation to reduce, remove, or mitigate risk.
- Assist with managing IT Software licensing and hardware items in use and in the storeroom.
- Assist with procurement and asset tracking.
- Procure hardware and software as per policies and standards; creating purchase orders, writing justifications, asset tracking, receipting, and stock taking.
- Track and audit spend to ensure that forecasting and budgets are accurate.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum four (4) years of relevant experience in a technical role.
- Windows and/or Linux server (Ubuntu/Debian) enterprise environments.
- Virtualization technologies, public / private cloud.
- Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Database and reporting technologies: MS SQL, Power BI, MySQL, Tableau, etc
- Modern web-based applications including hosting, troubleshooting, security, etc.
- Security frameworks and technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Cloud based technologies: Azure, AWS, O365, etc.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Able to adapt and be flexible when performing duties, when tasks are delegated, or when considering solutions to challenges.
- Outstanding attention to detail by verifying own work and participates in Peer Review Process.
- Exceptional multitasking, time management, and prioritization skills at past-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Advanced ability to communicate and present complex and technical concepts and ideas to a general audience.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status