About The Role
Why Rocket Lab?
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) - we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest. To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team.
Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager US at Rocket Lab leads a US based team covering Goods Inwards, Logistics, Export Compliance, Material Planning and Buying. The US team is part of a global team responsible for ensuring we build a strong supplier base which can meet our regulatory requirements, aggressive ramp-up schedule, deliver on time, the right cost and in specification. Key deliverables are ensuring supply chain is able to support the production cadence set by the manifest and is a strong part of the US production team. On top of ensuring BAU tasks are executed in line with corporate KPIs and expectations, the Supply Chain Manager will be working with suppliers and internal parties to ensure agreed quality standards can be met, and scalability and sustainability are ensured.
The role is pivotal to Rocket Lab achieving its ramp-up plan and will work closely with other areas of Supply Chain to build a solid global supply chain. It will leverage best practices to drive improved quality, regulatory compliance, delivery excellence, and continually reduce costs and improve our products and services.
Deliverables / Outcomes
Strategic Vendor Management and Sourcing
- Supplier Segmentation is completed and maintained for US based suppliers
- Administer contracts; independently negotiate contracts including pricing, technical requirements, scope, and terms involving responsibility, liability, indemnification, and intellectual property
- Strategic supplier relationship framework is understood and implemented
- Develop and review sourcing strategies including market assessments for key categories as agreed with Global Supply Chain Manager from time to time
- Implement cost reduction program across US based vendor base
- Collectively collaborate with the Engineering team to find and source suppliers to meet the needs of the company
- Ensure demand is well-understood and stock levels are maintained in-line with corporate guidelines and strategic growth plans
- Engineering Change Process is implemented and adhered to
- Establish list of key risks in US supply chain and develop mitigation strategies including dual sourcing strategies
- Ensure changes in US Supplier landscape (M&A, etc.) are monitored and impacts on RL Global business managed
- Support certification efforts for supply chain (AS9100)
- Ensure SOP are written and implemented
- Oversight of day-to-day of ITAR elements of Export Compliance
- Inwards and kitting processes are structured to support ramp up plan and physical cycle counts
- Dashboards on key metrics defined and monitored and Global KPIs are achieved by the team
- Trends are identified and action plans put in place to mitigate possible issues
- Work with SQE to develop supplier auditing process.
- Lead and coordinate the management of non-conforming hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering
- 7+ years in a lead Supply Chain role in a high-precision manufacturing environment
- Generalist Supply Chain knowledge with a key focus on strategic sourcing and inventory management
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to coach and influence the behavior and skills of others
- Experience in managing teams. Practical approach/ leads by example. Happy to be hands-on and work closely with cross‐functional teams
- Developed and maintained strong supplier relationships
- Strong understanding of ERP systems and reporting
- A strong understanding of MS Office software
- A can-do attitude, open to learning with good organizational skills. Incredible energy and passion with a resourceful attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and able to build working relationships
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Knowledge of freight forwarding and customs regulations including ITAR and Export Compliance
- Experience scaling a business or function from start-up to maturity
- Aerospace industry experience
- Technical procurement, new product introduction, manufacturing, or design / development experience
- Proven track record of managing inventory
- Execution of projects to identify risks in the supply chain and aligned these to overall strategic goals of the business
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and offsite as required. Some travel may be required.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.