About The Role
This is a vital role for the Rocket Lab’s continued success and you will need to be prepared to take full ownership for all Supply & Logistic requirements across the organisation within New Zealand and Internationally.
Your main responsibilities would include:
- Supplier management – establishing supplier agreements with the purpose of securing and maintaining a reliable supply of parts to the necessary quality, deadlines and price. Maintaining these relationships and working with suppliers to always look for improvements in these metrics.
- Purchasing – managing the procurement team and developing strategies to deliver the production line with the most reliable and cost-effective supply of parts.
- Logistics – manage in-house and external logistics. Look after all incoming and outgoing goods processing, along with the freight paperwork associated with regular international shipping.
- 10+ Years previous work experience in a similar position or industry, experience gained within an engineering or manufacturing environment is preferred
- Strong experience dealing with international suppliers & managing international supplier relationships
- Proven experience managing teams and inspiring teams
- Excellent financial acumen
- The ability to think logically, solve problems where needed and think outside of the square when required
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- A strong understanding of MS Office software as well as experience with an ERP system
- Confident working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Have a can-do attitude with the ability to organize a challenging schedule
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.