About The Role
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) - we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest.
To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team. Rocket Lab is it’s people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
Supplier Quality Engineer
The supplier quality engineer (SQE) ensures that providers of materials and services comply with requirements.
The SQE visits, monitors, and assesses suppliers and acts as a liaison between the various Rocket Lab functions and the supplier to assure that requirements are complete, properly communicated, and met.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluating Suppliers, assessing through Audits, evaluations, and lead the selection process
- Assess supplier capabilities, collaborate with suppliers, develop process qualification, verification and improvement processes.
- Develop supplier performance metrics and regularly report to Management.
- Coach local teams on problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Strong understanding of supply chain vision/mission, and supplier life cycle management.
- Be able to identify risks in terms of on-time delivery and quality and mitigate those risks.
- Travel to and perform supplier audits source inspections, SCAR follow up. Report results to upper Management and quantify results in metrics.
- Continual communication with suppliers to improve performance. Technical liaison between supplier and various Rocket Lab functions.
- Lead all Supplier related nonconforming activities including presenting to MRB with recommendation on disposition.
- Lead Corrective/Preventive action efforts for continuous improvement.
- Participate in New Product Development efforts. Manage the First Article process.
- Other tasks as assigned, such as assisting in the site calibration process.
- Comply with and support local EHS activities
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Science or Mathematics.
- 7+ years in Quality Engineering
- Strong understanding of Quality principles with an emphasis in Supplier Quality.
- Excellent communication skills, exhibiting appropriate assertiveness, persistence, and tact.
- Experience with machining, welding, assembly, and production of electromechanical assemblies.
- Experience working in a structured Quality system: ISO 9001, ISO-13485, IATF S16949. AS9100 experience strongly preferred.
- Able to lead Root Cause/Corrective Action using Problem Solving methodologies such as 8D, 5-why, Ishikawa diagrams.
- Experience working in an aerospace/spacecraft environment.
- NADCAP approval processes a plus.
- Experience with APQP, MSA, FMEA.
- ASQ certification such as CEQ, CSQP, CQA
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.