About The Role
Rocket Lab’s mission is to revolutionise the way we access space and with a successful launch at the beginning of this year, we are well on track to reach our goal of launching a dozen missions in 2019! We develop and launch advanced rockets to put small payloads into orbit more frequently, at a fraction of the cost of traditional launch services.
About the role
The SQE at Rocket Lab leads a team responsible for ensuring all parts received at Rocket Lab from Third Party suppliers are in line with agreed specifications and instructions. Working with suppliers and internal parties to ensure agreed standard can be met and are sustainable and can be reliably reproduced. We are looking for someone who has the energy and drive to help build a solid supply chain.
- Participate in Preliminary Design Review/Critical Design Review to ensure design for quality, manufacturability, risk quantification and mitigation have been considered
- Hands on development of design for manufacturability
- Lead inspection planning for new products
- Design or procure new measurement methods as required and integrates with existing processes
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate objective supplier audit and qualifications process to ensure transparency of design requirements
- Evaluate and analyse supplier quality landscape
- Lead and facilitate root cause and corrective action investigations
- Lead activity to support containment of all suspect product
- Provide guidance to quality inspectors, techs and shop supervisors
- Support review of all quality issues in respective areas
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, manufacturing or mechanical engineering
- 10+ years in a quality, manufacturing or design engineering role
- Knowledge of quality tools such as Lean principles: Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, PFMEA, APQP and various problem-solving approaches
- Strong understanding of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Can do attitude
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Experience supporting production of complex electro-mechanical, mechanical or composites systems in high volume work centres
This is a great opportunity to take ownership and really make an impact in the most exciting company in New Zealand! Based and Mt Wellington, Auckland, this comes with a range of staff benefits including subsidized lunches and an on-site gym.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.