About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Our Global Supply Chain Management team is offering an opportunity to lead subcontract management for major satellite programs. In this role, you will perform a variety of supply chain functions, including supplier development, requirement solicitations, contract award, post-award management, and close-out activities. You will also have the opportunity to work in an energetic, collaborative environment that supports one of the fastest growing companies in the satellite industry. You will be a catalyst for effective subcontract execution in alignment with program objectives. We value diverse skills and experience. Your qualifications will add tremendous value to our team. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll get to do:
- Assess satellite program demands, identify, evaluate and select candidate suppliers, and award subcontracts.
- Develop a subcontracting strategy that ensures program demands are met. Manage supplier execution and ensure on-cost, on-quality and on-time delivery of critical satellite components.
- Prepare a variety of solicitations including RFQs, RFPs, RFI, and IDIQs.
- Negotiate contracts with an ability to balance cost, schedule and quality priorities.
- Monitor engineering design activity and guide supplier selection and performance based on requirements, specifications and capabilities.
- Be an integral part of a dynamic satellite manufacturing team, delivering on-orbit solutions to a worldwide clientele.
What you bring to the team:
- Exceptional communication skills within cross-function teams.
- Creative problem-solving ability to ensure high business velocity
- Ability to multitask responsibilities and programs.
- Ability to negotiate and guide formal negotiations (Price, Delivery, Terms).
- Ability to perform supplier risk analyses, develop mitigation plans and drive solutions to problems.
Your qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with written contractual authorization/vehicles (Cost Plus, Firm Fixed Price etc.).
- Experience working with technical requirements of procured hardware and services including contract, Statement of Work (SOW), and/or specification review.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.