Software Engineer II (Python/C++)
Job Ref: 4661359003 | Type: Full-time
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Software Engineer II (Python/C++)
Based on-site at Rocket Lab's headquarters in Long Beach, CA, the Software Engineer II is responsible for working with peers and stakeholders to deliver bespoke automation products in support of engineering test, component production and vehicle integration. You will support the Production Automation Team that’s part of the Terrestrial Software organization.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Work with peers and stakeholders to support bespoke automation products in relation of engineering test, component production and vehicle integration
- Conduct Software Development activities to support avionics production, vehicle component and vehicle acceptance and systems testing
- Develop software and unit tests according to bug-fix and feature requests with the appropriate documentation for operation of software products and management of code commits using source code control tools.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a software engineering or related discipline.
- Certificate or degree in software engineering, computer science, electrical engineering or demonstrated equivalent level of knowledge.
- Must have Python, C/C++ development experience.
- Experience with software development on a Linux Platform.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Networked application development experience.
- Experience with user interface design and development.
- Experience with communication protocols like TCP/ UDP, serial communication or similar.
- Experience with embedded systems programming.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.