About The Role
Working as Senior Test Engineer within the Electron Vehicle Team, you provide you with the opportunity to work on a new launch vehicle using state of the art manufacturing and production techniques. As a Senior Test engineer at Rocket Lab, you are helping to create the world's first mass-produced orbital launch vehicle.
- Developing and testing Electron’s systems
- Oversee tests and leading the teams to ensure configuration and quality control during testing processes
- Developing strategies and procedures for the vehicle test team
- You will be working in a very dynamic, fast pace environment of makers and problem-solvers. Using your creative and intuitive thinking to test the systems for performance and operation characteristics to capture and improve the design of the launch vehicle.
- A mechanical engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- 15+ years aerospace experience with a testing/acceptance/qualification background
- Familiarity with instrumentation and instrumentation deployment methods
- Familiarity with data acquisition and control methods
- Solid experience in any of the following areas:
- Working knowledge of high and low pressure systems.
- Working knowledge of LOX systems.
- Design/testing experience with cryogenic fluid systems.
- op strategies and procedures for the vehicle test team.
- Experience in the aeronautic and aerospace industries
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.