About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in dedicated small satellite launch. Launching from right here in New Zealand, we design and build innovative technology to give small satellites a premium ride to orbit.
Small satellites play a crucial role in our day-to-day lives – they connect us, keep us safe, help us understand our planet and manage our impact on it, and they enable us to innovate and explore. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab.
Our relentlessly innovative team is behind Electron, the world’s only truly commercial small satellite launch vehicle in operation today. With multiple orbital launches under our belt and a record of 100% mission success, we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth. We’ve built a world class team with a reputation for doing the impossible. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Every day, we pursue ideas that challenge, excite and demand more of us, and we make them real. Be a part of it.
About the Role:
The Electron Launch Vehicle is a fly-by-wire system and generates a large quantity of real-time data throughout its production, testing, and launch life-cycle. This data tells a story. It lets Rocket Lab engineers and key stakeholders know how we are performing and provides evidence for continuous improvement. The Operational Data software team transforms data to meaning, providing a bespoke data analysis framework customized to support development of the next generation of rockets. There's no limit to the ambition we have to create smart, data-driven decision-making capabilities.
The successful applicant will play a significant role in the development and continuous improvement of the data analysis framework, leading design and implementation of features, mentoring team-members and providing guidance to users.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary Diploma, Certificate or degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or demonstrated equivalent level of knowledge.
- Minimum of 6 years experience within a software engineering related discipline
- Experience with Git or other source control tools
- Experience with Redmine, Jira, Bugzilla, Mantis, or other issue tracker
- Experience with TeamCity, Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Strong Python development experience including numerical data analysis
- Excellence in database design with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Database application development
- Reporting, including experience with creating interactive reports
- Experience using Scrum
- User Interface Development
- Knowledge of machine learning and statistical methods
- Knowledge of signal processing
- Experience with Airflow, Spark or other data processing pipelines
- Use of Docker or other containerization
As well as a being a career-defining role, working at Rocket Lab means being part of meaningful projects with world-leading experts.
Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference.
We get things done. Our team is nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it. This means projects get the green light faster and ideas are put into practice rapidly.
Everyone works on the big stuff. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard, and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.