About The Role
In the role of Senior Test Engineer, you will be responsible for performing propulsion testing activities within the company, this includes:
The propulsion testing activities at the Auckland Airport Test Cell for the Rutherford and Curie propulsion systems
- The testing activities at the Stack Test Site for the stage stack testing
- The propulsion launch processes and procedures during launch campaigns
- Providing leadership, training and guidance for more junior engineers in your team
This is a truly brilliant opportunity to work on the most exciting engineering project currently being undertaken in New Zealand.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Test Operations – ensure activities are performed to the necessary quality and on time to meet company milestones. Define and peer review test requirements and test results.
- Test Facility – ensure that testing activities can be carried out to the defined test requirements and work with the test facility manager to achieve these activities.
- Hardware Development – work with other Propulsion Team members to continually improve the design and functionality of the products through R&D and qualification testing.
- Training – create training information and train more junior staff in the testing operations.
- H&S – Ensure that all staff, including yourself are trained to the appropriate safety practices and operating procedures.
- 5+ years testing experience ideally gained in the Aerospace industry
- A Bachelor’s engineering degree or an equivalent qualification
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment
- Heavy emphasis on achievement and details – getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards.
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly
- Have tenacity, a can-do attitude and the ability to think quickly and make accurate judgements.
- Experience with National Instruments (although not essential is preferred)
- Experience with Solidworks (although not essential is preferred)
- Experience with Python (although not essential is preferred)
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.