About The Role
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will have a focus on safeguarding our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows corporate policies and advise management about all relevant issues for our growing business.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives and management on a variety of legal topics with an emphasis on corporate and commercial transactions as well as other areas (ie. Corporate finance, IP and licensing, partnerships, international transactions, etc.)
- Collaborate with executive and management to devise efficient defensive and offensive strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and lead negotiations with external parties (customers, regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- Outstanding communication skills
- Four to eight years of strong transactional experience, with a focus on complex commercial, corporate and service agreements
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment and preferably in the aerospace or commercial space sector
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, analytical, communication skills.
- Detail oriented
- Strong business insight and Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information to resolve complex issues in a creative and effective ways
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent performance in a dynamic, cross-functional team-oriented environment
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.