About The Role
ABOUT ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is a global leader in launch and space systems. The rockets and satellites we build and launch enable some of the most ambitious and vital space missions globally, supporting scientific exploration, Earth observation and missions to combat climate change, national security, and exciting new technology demonstrations. Our Electron rocket has provided reliable access to orbit since 2018, becoming one of the most frequently launched rockets in the world. Neutron will be our next rocket on the launch pad, an advanced 13-tonne payload class, reusable rocket to launch the mega constellations of the future. Our space systems business includes our extensive line of satellites and components that have enabled more than 1,700 missions including the James Webb Space Telescope, NASA Psyche Mission, Artemis I, Mars Ingenuity helicopter, and more.
Join our pioneering team and launch your career to new heights!
ABOUT IT AT ROCKET LAB:
Rocket Lab’s IT team is responsible for how our global teams access information and run operations across our computer systems, networks, and devices. Our hardworking IT team is a group of flexible problem-solvers working in a fast-paced environment but who also thrive under the challenge of supporting all of our proprietary systems and people, from finance to launch operations.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:
The IT Senior Engineer is responsible for the implementation and operation of the different computing platforms, networks and applications that are required at Rocket Lab. Carrying out upgrades, maintenance, and having a focus on continuous improvement are key to provide a reliable and secure infrastructure. To achieve this a focus on monitoring the environment and responding to incidents, problems, requests, and planning for growth is required.
Provides subject matter expertise, advise, and guidance to deliver and support IT systems through efficient management and support of the IT Infrastructure and the delivery of projects. Collaborates with the IT Manager, the IT Team, and other key stakeholders to set targets, goals and deadlines.
Ensure that systems are compliant with applicable standards to maintain robust information security in accordance with PSR and NIST 800-171.
- Enable Rocket Lab Engineers to develop the next generation of rockets and space systems, via the deployment and management of highly reliable and scalable cybersecurity technology and policies to protect our IP and infrastructure globally. This requires finding the balance between cybersecurity and allowing the business to run efficiently
- Provide subject matter expertise to deliver and support for our different Cybersecurity systems and supporting infrastructure
- Lead upgrades and maintenance with a focus on continuous improvement to provide a reliable and secure infrastructure
- Assist with and/or lead project scoping, planning, and deployment for Cybersecurity projects in support of Annual Operating Plan goals
- Support and contribute the Vulnerability Management and Incident Management function(s) at Rocket Lab through the development and implementation of Standards to ensure:
- Compliance with Rocket Lab Cybersecurity Policies
- Compliance with NIST 800-171, CMMC, PSR, and other customer security standards
- Simplified and consistent environment management practices
- That the team is providing effective support
- Clear and concise reporting on vulnerabilities, incidents, remediation efforts, support levels, etc.
- Comprehensive documentation of environments and support
- Efficient cost control
- Work with a team of world class IT, engineering, and business professionals
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in IT and a bachelor's degree OR equivalent years of experience (8 years of total experience)
- 4+ of those years of experience in a platform focused technology role
- Expert knowledge of Cybersecurity frameworks / technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Specialist qualification in area of expertise: CISM, AWS, Azure, Microsoft, etc.
- AWS and/or O365 & Azure enterprise environments
- One or more of the following: Kubernetes, VMware, Linux, Windows, Configuration Management, Automation, and/or Infrastructure as Code
- One or more of the following: Server and Storage hardware, Backups, HA\DR\BC, Active Directory, Group Policy, Certificate Management (PKI), DNS, or DHCP
- Juniper or Cisco network switching and firewall setup, configuration, and management
If the above sounds like you, apply now!
WHAT TO EXPECT
We’re on a mission to unlock the potential of space to improve life on Earth, but that’s not an easy task. It takes hard work, determination, relentless innovation, teamwork, grit, and an unwavering commitment to achieving what others often deem impossible. Our people out-think, out-work and out-pace. We pride ourselves on having each other’s backs, checking our egos at the door, and rolling up our sleeves on all tasks big and small. We thrive under pressure, work to tight deadlines, and our focus is always on how we can deliver, rather than dwelling on the challenges that stand in the way.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at firstname.lastname@example.org.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.