About The Role
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) - we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest. Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
- Coaching and supporting managers in developing high performing teams, building talent bench, and driving team engagement.
- Serve as the ER expert for the NZ location - Manage employment relations cases e.g. disciplinary, grievances, sickness absence
- Support management to resolve any employee relations issues, and conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations, when required
- Conducting HR trend analysis and analyse data to identify opportunities on which to build solutions
- Ensure effective on-boarding, induction and assimilation of new talent into the business.
- Executing on initiatives and projects, in partnership with the business and Head of People & Culture
- Identify and respond to training and development needs for business units and leaders
- Facilitate and guide effective use and implementation of performance management system (including goal setting, reviews mid-year/year end reviews, calibration and management of poor performance situations)
- Work closely with managers to implement organisational development initiatives
Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience as an HR generalist, with a proven track record in employment relations, performance management, organisational development, and succession planning
- Demonstrated expertise performance & development, organizational development, talent management and complex employee relations matters
- A good understanding and application of employment legislation
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent formal and informal communication skills with ability to talk with a wide range of people across all teams and levels of the organisation
- Ability to be team oriented while working individually
- Ability to work in a complex matrix environment
- Strong working knowledge of general business software including Microsoft suite
- Flexibility to be able to work in a growing and changing work environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to keep detailed records
- Bachelor’s degree required
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.S
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.