About The Role
Rocket Lab’s mission is to revolutionize the way we access space. We develop and launch advanced rockets to put small payloads into orbit more frequently, at a fraction of the cost of cumbersome traditional launch services. We are ushering in a new era of unprecedented access to space. Are you ready to be a part of making history?
As the Senior Financial Accountant at Rocket Lab you will take responsibility for financial reporting and compliance to ensure financial transactions and obligations are correctly reported. This role requires interactions with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Financial Accountant will report to the Finance Manager and will contribute to the delivery of the organisation wide finance strategy. You will be a dynamic individual, who adapts to change easily and is always driving for results.
- Prepare reconciliations of general ledger accounts
- Support the production of the financial statements, including notes to the year-end financial accounts complaint with IFRS and US GAAP and liaise with Auditors
- Ensure the fixed asset register is maintained and reconciled to the general ledger monthly
- Support the production of the financial statements, including notes to the year-end financial accounts
- Independently investigates and resolves ledger coding issues as identified
- Provides efficiency recommendations in month end and reporting processes to the Finance Manager
- Provide cost centre forecasting and insights
- Develops a clear understanding of how other systems (eg.Payroll) create financial transactions and ensure they are accurately captured in the financial systems
- Responsible for ensuring day to day operational finance processing is completed and support the Finance Operations Team Lead with technical and processing advice and to answer day to day operational queries and questions
- Run monthly reports and distribute these to the cost centre manager
- Assist the Finance Manager with management variance reporting
- Oversee weekly bank reconciliations and compliance with Rocket Lab’s policies and procedures ensuring all reconciling items are cleared before the end of next month
- Chartered Accountant
- Good systems knowledge and tier 1 ERP exposure
- An understanding of external financial reporting, including preparation of group financial statements
- Experience in the preparation of monthly management reports, within agreed monthly timetables
- 4+ years’ experience in a professional finance environment
- Experience in manufacturing
- Understanding of the US tax and financial reporting requirements
- US GAAP knowledge
We offer a good opportunity for you to grow and develop in your area of expertise. You will support team members to reach their potential and deliver in our mission to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Based at our new state of the art facility in Mt. Wellington, Auckland, this comes with a range of staff benefits including subsidised lunches and an on-site gym.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html.