About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
SENIOR EXTERNAL REPORTING ANALYST
Based at Rocket Lab's new headquarters in Long Beach, California the Senior External Reporting Analyst is responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and schedules and footnote disclosures. You will support the Director of External Reporting and Finance organization, with deliverables required for management, board of directors, and investors.
Reporting to the Director of External Reporting , the Senior External Reporting Analyst will be responsible for accounting, policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements focused on the month end and quarterly financial reporting process. This role requires strong partnership and collaboration by establishing effective relationships cross-functionally across a global organization to deliver accurate financial reporting and internal controls. This highly visible role performs complex analysis and technical accounting functions to gather, analyze, interpret, record and present financial data, and contributes to the development and implementation of best practices and process improvements across global accounting and financial reporting processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a key role in the month end and quarterly month-end close and financial reporting process.
- Prepare and review disclosures for filing documents such as the 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K’s with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reporting schedules as well as support the financial statement audit process.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding and ensure that accounting practices are in compliance with U.S. GAAP, SEC reporting and company policies.
- Champion continual process improvement through use of technology and current accounting standards.
- Enforce and monitor a documented system of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Collaborate with external audit firm around interim review procedures and annual audit.
- Support and develop the vision and strategy for the External Reporting function.
- Stays informed of new and current accounting pronouncements to evaluate financial reporting impact.
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies for areas of responsibility.
- Escalate issues and present recommendations to management.
- Participate on company projects and initiatives.
- Establish effective relationships and work cross-functionally across the organization.
- Perform other duties as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA required
- 3-5 years of relevant external reporting or accounting experience
- Big 4 regional accounting firm or public company experience preferred
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP & SEC reporting
- Strong systems skills, highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and must be comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets, as well as experience with ERP and reporting tools
- Highly motivated, self-starter who manages projects end-to-end and has a demonstrated track record of getting results, organizing and prioritizing deadlines
- Ability to multi-task several important priorities simultaneously
- Able to effectively communicate clearly and concisely to convey complex issues both verbally and in writing
- Creative thinker who can bring innovative ideas and approaches to solve issues
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab