About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Photon Satellite Program
Rocket Lab is seeking exceptional engineers to work on the Photon satellite program.
Photon is a first-of-its-kind platform in the small satellite industry: a versatile satellite bus that is also an integral part of the launch vehicle. Engineers within the Photon team have a unique opportunity to help shape this space system and, given the high launch cadence of Electron, have unparalleled opportunities for end-to-end hardware development and on-orbit operations.
The successful candidate will have a strong set of technical skills, similar project experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic development environment.
Senior Embedded Flight Software Developer
The ideal embedded software developer will have experience in all aspects of embedded software design and development, from requirements definition through coding, to testing. Candidates who have written Kalman filters and have prior IMU sensor experience are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with systems engineers and embedded systems engineers in developing requirements and managing interfaces with hardware and software within the vehicle.
- Develop application software for satellite flight systems.
- Develop documentation for operation and interface with software products.
- Develop and participate in test campaigns ranging from unit-level to automated testing at the subsystem and system-level.
- Assist with on ground testing and in flight space flight operations.
- Software development in Linux environment, specifically embedded applications.
- Proficiency in C and C++ languages and development environments.
- Demonstrated success working in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities.
- Document management & software systems engineering experience.
Required Education & Experience
- 7+ years of demonstrated applicable experience in software development.
- 4-year degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or equivalent qualification.
- Experience developing software for autonomous vehicles operating in harsh environments such as; satellites, UAVs, or autonomous underwater vehicles.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status