About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Build and sustain a supply chain in which every purchased production item has a stable supply, from a reliable supplier, with exceptional quality, and under agreed commercial terms. Guide engineering teams on proper sourcing strategy, support suppliers with new product introduction, and collaborate with quality teams to establish efficient and effective validation strategies. Ensure suppliers are developed to grow with Rocket Lab and relationships are set up to foster collaboration and proactively identify/mitigate risks.
- Responsible for placing Purchase Orders with suppliers, to meet demand
- Responsible for sourcing for new engineering design releases
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers to reduce total material cost
- Manage suppliers for Cost, Quality, and Delivery
- Identify part supply constraints that may impact production schedule, and create mitigation plans
- Accountable for ensuring supplier master data within MRP is accurate
- Work in a cross functional team environment as a strong team player and demonstrate ability to work with other functional groups to achieve company-wide goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other relevant fields
- 5+ years of related experience as Buyer, Material Planner, Production Planner, or equivalent
- Experience with AS9100, ITAR export controls, EAR, and FAR
- Proven ability to onboard and contract pricing agreements with suppliers
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP systems, math and statistics
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Team oriented, strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines
- Proficient in SQL and MRP systems
- Experience in aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status