About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in dedicated small satellite launch. Launching from right here in New Zealand, we design and build innovative technology to give small satellites a premium ride to orbit.
Small satellites play a crucial role in our day-to-day lives – they connect us, keep us safe, help us understand our planet and manage our impact on it, and they enable us to innovate and explore. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab.
We are looking for a Senior Buyer who will be responsible for ensuring Electron launch vehicle components required by the business are supplied at the right time, to the right place and at the best possible price. Our buying team plays a key role in moving our business from a R&D company to a manufacturing business and buyers are expected to identify opportunities for improvement and to support the business on this important and exciting journey.
Essential skills & experience required:
- 7+ years experience in a Senior Buying or Sourcing position in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience with category plans and execute these
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships both within the organisation and externally with suppliers
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work independently on multiple projects at a time
- Proven MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Experience in ERP systems and MRP process
Why Rocket Lab?
We'll offer you a career-defining role, with interesting, meaningful projects working with world leading experts. You will be challenged every day; there will be lots to learn and plenty to do. Based at our state of the art facility in Mt Wellington, Auckland, this role comes with a range of staff benefits including subsidised meals and an on-site gym. If you want to be challenged, solve problems with innovation and work on the advanced space systems that are changing an entire industry, Rocket Lab is the place to do it.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.