About The Role
Rocket Lab has a newly created position, Senior Avionics Production Technician, available for an experienced Technician to join their Auckland based team currently working on the production of the Electron Launch Vehicle.
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience with either soldering, wire harnessing, potting, or circuit board assembly
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux based computer systems
- Experience carrying out testing using automated test platforms
- Excellent time management and the able to work overtime and long hours if needed
- A very high level of attention to detail and the ability to produce work to an exceptional standard of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Familiar with Lithium-Ion battery handling, safety & Usage
- Previous team leader/manager experience 5+ years of industry experience in electronics assembly and/or testing
- The ability to manage, prioritise and plan work schedules
- Experience training and mentoring junior manufacturing technicians
- Significant experience with soldering, wire harnessing, potting, and circuit board assemblies
- Experience functional testing electrical assemblies and wiring harnesses such as resistance checks, end-to-end testing, insulation testing, etc.
- Experience working with aerospace electrical components in a clean-room environment
- Experience working in a high paced aerospace production environment
- Soldering and desoldering of through hole and SMT components
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.