About The Role
The senior accounts payable specialist will be responsible for not only executing routine accounts payable transactions, but also troubleshooting problematic vendor and customer billing and payment situations in a highly dynamic environment. This position will require close collaboration with departments locally and those in New Zealand, in establishing best practice business processes and expanding the capabilities of the accounting organization.
- 5+ years accounts payable experience.
- Effective in a collaborative team-oriented environment with frequent employee interactions.
- Proficient in Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a resourceful nature.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to troubleshoot problem invoices.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Assist in the supervision, training, and coaching of junior AP/AR staff on processes, controls, and efficiencies. Provide reports to Senior Management that summarize AP metrics, such as invoice entry, payment processing, and other related functions.
- Ensuring that all invoices are input and processed in a timely and accurate fashion, while working within company policies and procedures for Accounts Payable.
- Leading the Accounts Payable team in processing a high volume invoices and employee expense reimbursements for payment.
- Verify and ensure invoices are entered have correct GL codes (division, department and GL account number)
- Identifying and reporting any existing or potential issues that may affect relationships with vendors or other third parties.
- Serving as liaison with credit card providers and third-party travel providers
- Processing and generating checks, ACH and credit card payments.
- Coordinating 1099 tax reporting and escheatment processes.
- Ensure security, integrity, and confidentiality of data
- Establish productive and efficient relationships with vendors and service providers
- Select invoices are due and ready for payment (computerized weekly check runs)
- Interact with vendors regarding past due invoices, credits due, incorrect invoices, or other payable issues.
- SAP, LN, Dynamics or similar ERP system.
- Experience with foreign invoices.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.