About The Role
The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and contribute to the success of the accounting department and to the overall organization.
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for monthly close and financial reporting activities to ensure Rocket Lab’s financial transactions and obligations are correctly reported. This role requires interactions with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and application of accounting principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- B.S. in accounting or finance.
- Minimum four (4) years of related work experience with a combination of public accounting and private industry experience.
- Big 4 or Public Accounting preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or demonstrated progress toward designation.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably in aerospace and defense is a plus.
- Understanding of IFRS financial reporting requirements a plus.
- Experience with Infor LN, Oracle, JDE, SAP or similar ERP system.
- Support the month and year-end accounting close, including assigned journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Ensure financial records are properly maintained in accordance with US GAAP.
- Perform daily/weekly tasks such as postings for routine banking transactions; daily cash activity.
- Provide support to AP function to ensure proper account coding and recording of month-end accruals.
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations and prepare the appropriate journal entries.
- Ensure fixed assets and depreciation schedules are maintained and reconciled to the general ledger.
- Provide management reports and performance analysis, following up on significant variances.
- Assist in providing information requested by the external auditors.
- Key contributor to proposing and driving improvements to monthly financial close process.
- Provide efficiency recommendations in month-end and reporting processes.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual tax return and with global tax requirements.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.