About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
RF Test Engineer
Responsible for testing radio frequency components and systems used to support Photon spacecraft. The ideal RF Test Engineer will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and reliably meet tight project deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities
Test Planning and Preparation:
- Design test setups.
- Develop test scripts to automate tests.
- Develop test plans and procedures.
- Seek input from RF engineers as necessary to support test setup design/analysis.
- Arrange/purchase test equipment and components as needed.
Test Conduct and Reporting:
- Establish test setups.
- Conduct testing.
- Post-process test data.
- Develop test reports.
- Train and support production technicians.
- Support the production process.
- Seek input from RF engineers as necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4-year Engineering degree in Electronics, Communications, RF, or equivalent qualification.
- 3+ years' experience across all aspects of RF device/system testing including test planning, conduct, and reporting.
- Working knowledge of common RF components such as splitters, attenuators, amplifiers and frequency converters and their general RF performance characteristics.
- Solid theoretical understanding of RF test and measurement principles.
- Highly proficient in using RF test and measurement equipment such as; Vector Network Analyzers (VNA) and spectrum analyzer.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a past-paced environment.
- Effective communication and documentation skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Must be able to work onsite at Rocket Lab HQ in Long Beach, California.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience developing test scripts and automated test setups.
- Working knowledge of RF communications systems including; modulation and coding, cascaded RF device performance, and link analysis.
- Experience performing end-to-end testing of RF communications systems for example; Eb/N0 vs BER testing.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab