About The Role
You will be challenged daily and to succeed you will need to adapt quickly and thrive under pressure to achieve tight project deadlines.
Our next launch date is fast approaching and we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, so previous RF test experience is essential.
There are three main areas of responsibility which are:
Rocket Lab RF Laboratory
- Maintain a register of all RF test and measurement equipment
- Ensure all equipment is calibrated and/or in proper working order
- Ensure all equipment is stored appropriately and accounted for
- Conduct QC tests of active and passive RF devices/components used on the launch vehicle
- Conduct/support RF tests on the launch vehicle during the production process
- Conduct RF tests as per test requirements specified by RF design engineers
- Complete ground station check-out procedures.
- Complete vehicle check-out procedures.
- Join operations teams on site and in the mission control centre in support of launch campaigns.
Essential skills required for the position
- Bachelors degree or diploma in Engineering, majoring in electronics/communications/RF (or an equivalent qualification)
- 3+ years' experience in the integration and testing of RF devices and systems, preferably applied to RF communications systems for aviation/aerospace applications
- Knowledge of RF test and measurement techniques applied to passive and active devices
- Experience using RF test and measurement equipment including network and spectrum analysers
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Test automation experience using LabView
- Experience with digital radio transmission/reception equipment
- A general understanding of modulation and coding techniques
- A practical understanding of general electronic systems
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.