About The Role
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) - we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest.
To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team.
Rocket Lab is it’s people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
- Highlight all concerns directly back to the production team and record in the quality monitoring system.
- Perform workmanship quality inspections and track.
- Report trends and feedback to production.
- Follow and create detailed work instructions to inspect electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies and wire harnesses.
- Provide detailed feedback for electronics production improvements to ensure high quality standards are maintained.
- Take part in PFMEAs and drive to completion.
- Prep area for external audits and perform internal audit, tracking actions against and CARs.
- Calibration tracking and enforcement.
- Help to create and develop calibration tracking and enforcement.
- Develop the quality processes within the production area to ensure compliance.
- Help to identify proper tools and station layout.
- Ensure health and safety policies and standard operating procedures are followed
- Correct PPE is worn in designated areas
- Near misses and incidents are reported promptly
- 2+ years of experience in the quality inspection or quality assurance field.
- Experienced in using precision measuring equipment (Comparator, CMM, etc.).
- The ability to interpret drawings.
- The ability to learn quickly and able to work productively without direct supervision.
- Experience working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Highly organised with faultless attention to detail.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Experience in avionics or aerospace manufacturing.
- This position is 6-months fixed-term.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.