About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Senior Quality Engineer
Responsible for managing and resolving quality issues and meeting strict delivery targets during development, production line commissioning, and continuous production. The Senior Quality Engineer will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders resolving and determining solutions to address root cause issues.
New Manufacturing Line – Satellite Systems
Candidate will provide guidance and support to Rocket Lab Space Systems division through design, prototype, and development of a product line production plan for Photon satellite systems, subsystems, and components.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement new Quality Control Processes and Standards.
- Lead, facilitate, and participate in root cause investigations.
- Ensure adherence to QMS policy and procedures within their work center.
- Efficiently communicate status of evaluation and disposition to leadership.
- Lead and coordinate management of non-conforming hardware.
- Lead cost saving initiatives.
- Contribute to design reviews and reduce quality defects and time lost due to non-conformances.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4-year degree in Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical or Material Sciences Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in a quality, manufacturing, or design engineering.
- Knowledge of quality tools such as; Lean principles, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Metrology, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans, and various problem-solving approaches.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience successfully designing, developing, and introducing new product(s) to production.
- Proven track record of year-on-year product and process improvement activities.
- Conducted both process and design failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Track record of leveraging new technologies to develop real shop floor solutions.
- Spacecraft and/or satellite manufacturing experience highly desirable.
- Experience supporting production of complex electro-mechanical, mechanical, or composites systems in high volume work centres and/or during production ramp-up.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab