About The Role
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth.
Rocket Lab is rapidly expanding to meet the global demand for our commercial launch service. Our Huntington Beach facility is seeking passionate, highly-skilled engineers who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish. We believe that a workforce of empowered and motivated engineers has been the cornerstone of our success and essential to our continued growth as we redefine how the world accesses space.
Quality Engineer (Mechanical)
As a Quality Engineer you will have thorough knowledge, skills and abilities to ensure the quality of components that are used in the build of the Rutherford engine. This role will have a strong focus on maintaining the standards that we use to ensure a high level of quality is maintained while meeting production schedule.
- Establishment and maintenance of quality assurance/control policies, inspection procedures and methods.
- Develops sampling plans, quality standards and quality control instructions to be utilized by manufacturing.
- Utilize corrective and preventive action process to correct quality issues and drive improvements.
- Drive improved reliability, quality and risk reduction relative to inspection and quality processes.
- Liaise with test and production sites as appropriate to drive improvements in quality and standardization of quality and productions processes.
- Work with manufacturing engineers during the production and manufacturing of hardware assembly travelers to ensure that quality inspection and verification steps are defined.
- Coordinate the initiation of discrepancy reports around quality inspections and reviews the information for accuracy prior to being submitted to customer or supplier.
- Report and analyze defects driving to root cause analysis and supports continuous improvement implementation and on-going activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in quality assurance, aerospace or manufacturing industries.
- Aerospace experience.
- Graduate degree in an engineering or management field.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/cross functional environment
- Experience in or knowledge of AS9100 or ISO 9000.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Ability to interpret technical data and documents.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience or familiarity with GD&T.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.