About The Role
WHY ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Relentlessly drive improvements that improve production and vehicle reliability while minimizing the cost of poor quality. Steer the company to put quality first and make intelligent, risk-based decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Eliminate Mission Risks
- Identify and prioritize risks to mission success.
- Create action plans and lead execution of tasks to resolve problems.
- Steer cross-functional teams to focus on top-impact actions and hold people accountable for achieving expected milestones.
- Provide rapid response and problem resolution for containment and risk mitigation activities.
- Identify and categorize quality problems that are impacting the company’s ability to deliver conforming hardware on schedule.
- Lead team to deep dive the top problems and properly identify and resolve the root cause of the issues.
- Quantify results and compare against desired outcome.
Unite the Organization Under a Common Purpose
- Develop sustainable processes and encourage all organizations to play an active role in these quality improvements.
- Provide data and guidance to steer and enable groups to problem solve independently.
Quality System Development
- Actively contribute to the development of an innovative Quality Management System (QMS).
- Ensure processes are robust and consistently followed across all facilities.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Additional duties as reasonably required
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, or industrial engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Adaptable and comfortable in an exciting, dynamic, and evolving environment.
- Strong work ethic with a creative mindset to problem solving.
- Hands-on with a passion for continuous improvement and building the best hardware.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years' of experience in a quality role.
- Experience developing new systems and processes.
- Strong data analytics and visualization skills.
- Competency with SQL databases and SQL programming.
- Pareto analysis, root cause and corrective action experience.
- Experience in the aerospace industry or other quality-critical industries.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.