About The Role
The testing team is responsible for completing all of the development, qualification and acceptance testing for the Rutherford rocket engine. The engine uses liquid oxygen and hydrocarbon propellants that are fed to the combustion chamber with electric turbopumps. Rocket Lab averages one hot fire (engine test) per day at the test site, so if you like powerful advanced engineering then this role is for you.
- Contribute to engine assembly and pre-test checks
- Contribute where necessary on the engine testing
- Responsible for engine strip down and cleaning processes
- Ongoing improvements and maintenance when not engine testing
- Mechanical assembly experience (preferably aerospace)
- Can-do attitude, enthusiastic, proactive and open to learning
- Ability to work long hours during the week and at least one weekend day
- Methodical work ethic with a excellent eye for detail
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.