About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Propulsion Test Technician
The propulsion test technician will ensure test cells and test articles run smoothly. The ideal candidate will have; experience performing proof & leak tests, an understanding of valves, regulators, actuators, and seals; performed benchtop test stand operations; and have a passion for Space and Rocket Lab’s mission to Open Access to Space to Improve Life on Earth!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform tests independently according to test procedures and design requirements.
- Summarize and distribute test data and results.
- Develop and document test procedures with engineering teams.
- Identify, plan, and executive process / continuous improvements.
- Build and troubleshoot test fixtures & setups.
- Comply with facility safety standards.
- Fabricate and assemble tubing, fittings (flare, compression), fasteners, and fixtures.
- Perform benchtop test stand operations.
- Perform hydrostatic proof & leak tests, and flush propulsion components.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an aerospace technician.
- Experience following test plans.
- Understanding of valve, regulator, actuator, and seal functions and safe operations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Highly motivated and committed to continuous improvement.
- Able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to walk, bend, carry, lift, push and pull 40 pounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and production work instructions.
- Prior experience performing hazardous fluid tests e.g., high-pressure, cryogenic.
- Track record of success while working independently.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab