About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in dedicated small satellite launch. Launching from right here in New Zealand, we design and build innovative technology to give small satellites a premium ride to orbit.
Small satellites play a crucial role in our day-to-day lives – they connect us, keep us safe, help us understand our planet and manage our impact on it, and they enable us to innovate and explore. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Test Engineer to contribute to the Propulsion Team test operations for Rocket Lab.
Opportunity to join the Propulsion Test Team
We have a great opportunity for a switched-on graduate or an engineer with a few years’ experience under their belt to join the Propulsion Test Team.
This is a ‘hands on’ role at Rocket Lab’s propulsion test sites working alongside the current test engineers, technicians and designers. Daily tasks include analysis and reporting on test data to ensure quality of products and providing insight for further design/process improvements. You will also be required to contribute to instrumentation and testing of equipment.
As a member of the team you will use your skills to influence product, process, and facility improvements.
- A Bachelor’s engineering degree or an equivalent qualification
- Practical experience with a range of transducers, including installation and analysis
- Demonstrable data analysis skills; ideally using Python.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly regarding report writing
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- Heavy emphasis on achievement and details – getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards.
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly
- Tenacity, a can-do attitude and the ability to think quickly and make accurate judgments
- Experience with National Instruments (although not essential is preferred)
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.