About The Role
Following the success of our two rockets ("It's a Test" and "Still Testing") we are looking for stand-out talent to join our hardworking team over the summer.
As Software Engineer Intern you will be working closely with our Propulsion and Software Teams to develop tools and reports for analysing test data rapidly and accurately.
This job will involve hands on experience at Rocket Lab’s propulsion test sites working alongside the current test engineers and technicians. Daily tasks include consulting with propulsion team members, developing python and .NET software and implement a reporting server. Solutions developed for propulsion could roll out across the company if done well.
As a member of the Propulsion team you will be involved in Rutherford engine and Electron stage tests.
This internship programme will certainly have its perks, as you learn from the best in the aerospace industry, watch live test fires, attend our staff Christmas party, and (fingers crossed) view a launch alongside the dedicated people that made it happen.
- At least a 3rd or 4th year engineering student (or equivalent qualification)
- Working knowledge of C#.NET and Python
- Experience with SQL databases. Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server considered favourably
- A willingness to get stuck in to practical tasks
- The ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Your CV
- A copy of your unofficial transcript
- A cover letter including an example of an engineering project you have completed in your spare time and describe the value this added.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.