About The Role
All major components of the engine are printed including the thrust chamber, injector, main valves and pump parts. The remaining parts are machined from raw material or procured externally. Day to day this role will be responsible for cleaning the components and assemblies to ensure they are suitable for space flight. This role will have a strong focus on ensuring a high level of quality is maintained while meeting production schedule. To succeed in this role it is vital you have an extremely high level of attention to detail, you must like cleaning and you need to work well in a clean environment.
- 1 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment ideally with hands on experience in quality control
- Experienced in precision cleaning, ultrasonic cleaners, degreasers, oxygen cleaning and clean room methodology/practices
- Proactive, enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work productively without direct supervision
- Experience working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Computer literate, able to follow instructions and record day to day activities
- Highly organised with faultless attention to detail
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Knowledge of clean room design and operation
- 5+ years of experience in the aerospace industry
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.