About The Role
WHY ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
PROPULSION ENGINEERING SPECIALIST (SPACE ENGINES)
The propulsion engineering specialist will provide technical direction for the redesign of Electron's kick stage Curie engine in support of the NASA CAPSTONE mission, a mini-space station and important first step towards NASA's crewed lunar landing program - Artemis. Candidate must have design and/or test expertise in hypergolic propulsion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage technical direction of resources to ensure lunar propulsion meets mission and company requirements.
- Design outputs such as; requirements, schematics, drawings, and reports to accurately communicate product design intent.
- Test outputs such as; plans, procedures, methodology, data handling, and reports to accurately communicate product test intent and results.
- Develop technology roadmap and schedules.
- Design specifications for manufacturability and test to ensure quality and repeatability.
- Deliver hardware end-to-end from development, through acceptance & qualification tests, to first flight operations.
- Mentor, train, and develop staff.
- Identify and manage technical gaps in resources.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 6+ years rocket engine development experience.
- Experience taking a product from concept phase through prototyping, launch, and operation.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to technically manage and engage a team.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines in fast-paced target driven environments.
- A proven background in operations flow is essential.
- Will consider both local and remote candidates as well as full-time or part-time support.
- Temporary position only.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.