About The Role
Why Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Propulsion Assembly Technician
Rocket Lab has multiple propulsion assembly technician positions open for immediate hire at the Long Beach, California facility. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of electro-mechanical assembly experience in aviation, aerospace, or similar industry performing; torquing, safety and/or lock wire installation, assembly per work instructions, environment tests (proof and leak).
Technicians will build sub-assemblies for the Rutherford rocket engine. The engine consists of a thrust chamber, pumps, valves, plumbing, TVC actuators, motor controllers, and other mechanical components.
Required Education & Experience
- 7+ years' of mechanical assembly experience.
- Talented with mechanical assembly tools, pressure testing equipment and welding preparation.
- Talented with electrical assembly tools, bench testing and measuring instruments.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work overtime and weekends, as needed.
- Eye for detail and a methodical, tidy and careful work ethic.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- 10+ years' of mechanical assembly and/or mechanical fitting experience.
- A&P, trade, or industry certified.
- Experience with in-space mechanical assemblies preferred.
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing processes and continued product development.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.