About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
- Uphold and follow all Additive safety measures – be an advocate for safe operations.
- Prepare additive print jobs for success through attention to detail on setups.
- Operate a variety of metal 3D printers, experience with EOS preferred.
- Monitor operating parameters on production builds such as build times, recoat levels, early defects, material consumption rate.
- Review print files and suggest manufacturing strategies to ensure success.
- Execute additive finishing operations including powder and support removal, cleaning, and part handling.
- Document build characteristics and observations to feed into Rocket Lab Additive Body of knowledge via JIRA & Flame.
- Identify and troubleshoot mechanical, optical laser, electrical, and build issues.
- Conduct calibration of 3D Printers and interpret findings with Engineering
- Ensure conformance of part/build through independent inspection and print detail verification.
- Follow work orders, procedures, specifications, and test instructions with attention to detail.
- Communicate any issues that are found.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly preventative maintenance – as directed by Engineering.
- Provide process improvement feedback and implement solutions in collaboration with Engineering.
- Collaborate with Engineers on setup and fabrication of 3D prints and new hardware.
- Utilize Root Cause Analysis tools to determine faults drivers.
- Kick off issue tickets based on process/product non-conformances.
- Drive Additive Internal 5S system with actions promoting sustainability in the Additive Department.
- Utilize measurement tools (micrometer, caliper, surface plate etc.) to ensure high quality inputs and outputs, including post-print inspection and post-processing inspection.
- Establish Additive operational foundation and drive process sustainability.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience in a manufacturing, fabrication, assembly or testing environment.
- Shall be proficient in hand, power, and pneumatic tools such as drills, chisels, taps.
- Shall be proficient in inspection methods: surface plate, calipers, micrometers, height gauge.
- Experience with operating machine tools: vertical mills, lathes, media blasters, cranes, or forklifts.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with operating metal 3D printers and knowledge of associated hazards.
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing (AM) principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings.
- Experience using JIRA.
- Shall be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Shall be able to lift at least 25 lbs unassisted.
- Shall be willing to work overtime, flexible shift schedules and weekends when needed.
- Shall be willing to work around potentially hazardous material; Respiratory equipment and flame retardant PPE may be required.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab