About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Propulsion Additive Manufacturing & Fabrication Production Manager
Rocket Lab USA is seeking an experienced and motivated manager to lead the Propulsion Additive Manufacturing and Fabrication production of propulsion components. This position will be responsible for production execution, overall equipment efficiency, and continuous development of the production processes for the Rutherford engine components. This position will also ensure that both the production schedule and resources, including building a high-performance team, meet the need of increasing launch frequencies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with other managers and team members to ensure clarity and accountability of responsibilities.
- Develop and enforce systems, policies, and procedures.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements.
- Ensure deliverable are met to maintain overall project deadlines.
- Define and implement project plans.
- Leading and developing Additive Manufacturing and Fabrication production team for propulsion components.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, training, coaching of production team members.
- Designing, installing and commissioning production equipment and methodology.
- Organizing all necessary support and logistics.
- Ensuring manufacturing schedules and milestones are me.
- Maintaining product functionality and improving cost efficiency.
- Developing and fostering business relationships with suppliers.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace.
- 5+ years’ experience at a similar production environment/industry e.g. Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Aviation.
- 2+ years’ proven team leadership experience.
- Experienced with CAD, CAM, MS Project, ERP software programs, and product lifecycle management (PLM) system (Teamcenter preferred)
- Experienced with CNC mills and lathes, metal 3D printing and part finishing, TIG and laser welding, tube bending, hydrostatic pressure and flow testing and technical cleaning.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and mentorship skills.
- Knowledge of safety processes and experience with handling hazardous goods and materials.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab